The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
Importer Event Calendar
Sep 4 3:00pm - 5:00pm Department of Defense Meeting for Shoe Industry on Berry Amendement
Sep 9 2:00pm - 3:00pm Customs Lab Testing: End of the Story or Just the Beginning?
Sep 15 - Sep 18 DENIZLI Home Fashion Cluster at Home Fashion Market Week
Sep 16 2:00pm - 3:00pm Free Webinar on Combating Cyber Threats
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that KPMG LLP, the U.S. member firm of KPMG International, a long-time Associate Member of USFIA, is our Premier Partner for 2014. KPMG will work collaboratively with the association to provide up to date trade information and customs news, and also act as a point of contact for key technical issues that may impact our members. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
- The National Law Review: Business Summit Focuses On Renewal of Africa Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA)
- U.S. & Myanmar Agree to Develop Initiative to Promote Labor Rights; Better Work Finds Significant Improvements in Vietnam & Haiti; CBP Publishes Third Quarter Trade Newsletter
- U.S. Fashion Industry Association Announces Webinar Series on Critical Topics for Managers; Topics Include Cyber Risk, Global E-Commerce, & Employment Law
- PMA & ILWU Reach Tentative Agreement on Health Benefits, Negotiations Continue
- WTO Rules in Favor of United States in Argentina Import Licensing Restrictions Dispute; United States Maintains Labor Case Against Guatemala; Defense Department Schedules Meeting for Athletic Shoe Manufacturers on Berry Amendment; Coalition Conducts Surve
- RevoLaze Files Lawsuit Against 17 Denim Brands; NCTO Calls for Action on Currency Manipulation in TPP
- California Apparel News: Africa Could Be the Next Frontier with AGOA
- Sourcing Journal: The Pros and Cons of Sourcing in Africa
- Sourcing Journal: USFIA Joins U.S. & African Companies in Call for Immediate Renewal of AGOA
- Knitting Industry: US fashion industry joins African companies in call to renew AGOA