The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
Importer Event Calendar
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC, a long-time Associate Member of USFIA, is our Premier Partner for 2015. PwC will help us deliver essential information and innovative programing to our members. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
- USTR Accepts Petition for GSP Review of Worker Rights in Thailand & Closes Philippines Review; Obama Nominates Rep. Maffei to FMC Post
- USFIA & ASG Publish Op-Ed on TPP in Sourcing Journal; Commerce Department Announces Smart Fabrics Summit
- TPP: Jon Fee In-Depth on Rules of Origin, Staging, & Entry Into Force
- Sourcing Journal: Don’t Hold Your Breath for Cheaper T-Shirts and Jeans
- Ways & Means Chair Announces Vision, Subcommittee Chairs, Members; Menendez Urges Monitoring of Human Trafficking in Malaysia; Levi Strauss & Co. Wins First ITMA Sustainable Innovation Award
- California Apparel News: Giant Care Label
- Mark Your Calendars for TPP
- TPP: It's Just the Beginning!
- TPP Webinars & Summary for Members
- Apparel Importers Conference Focuses on TPP, Innovation, & Collaboration