About the 22nd Annual Textile & Apparel Importer Trade and Transportation Conference
On Tuesday, November 16, 2010, more than 300 people attended the 22nd Annual Textile & Apparel Importer Trade & Transportation Conference at Bridgewaters South Street Seaport in New York. Hosted by the American Import Shippers Association and the United States Association of Importers of Textiles and Apparel, this annual event was full of information from different perspectives within the apparel importing and transportation community. The day closed with Customs and Border Protection's Janet Labuda's final presentation before her retirement. Click on the links below to learn more about the 22nd Annual Conference.
- Janet Fox, Senior Vice President and Director of Sourcing, JCPenney & USA-ITA Chairman
- Ronald Widdows, Group President and CEO, NOL
- Peter McGrath, Executive Vice President, Product Development and Sourcing, JC Penney
- Frank Capo, VP Customer Service & Sales, Total Terminals International
- John Atkins, Chief Operating Officer, Global Terminals
- Brian Pomper, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- David Spooner, Of Counsel, Squire Sanders & Dempsey
- Dr. Lee Kindberg, Director Environment, Maersk Line
- Mark Messura, Sr. V.P. Global Supply Chain Marketing, Cotton Incorporated
- David Kim, GG International
- Dr. Alaa Arafa, Chairman, Ready Made Garment Export Council
- Gail Strickler, Assistant USTR, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Janet Heinzen, Acting Chairman, Committee for the Implementation of Textile Agreements, Commerce Department
- George Goldman, Vice President and Managing Director, Hong Kong / South China, American President Lines, Ltd.
- Jon Fee, Partner, Alston + Bird LLP
- Leigh Schmid, COAC Chairman & VP Limited Customs Services, Inc.
- Janet Labuda, Director of Textile Enforcement, US Customs & Border Protection