The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
Importer Event Calendar
04.27.2015 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Fighting Counterfeits: Future Challenges & Cooperation Between the US & Italy
04.29.2015 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
KPMG Trade & Customs Update
05.11.2015 - 05.15.2015
Imports Work for America Week
USFIA Offices Closed for Memorial Day
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC, a long-time Associate Member of USFIA, is our Premier Partner for 2015. PwC will help us deliver essential information and innovative programing to our members. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
- House Ways & Means Committee Approves TPA, AGOA Extension & Trade Package; United States & EU Release Joint Statement on Rana Plaza Anniversary
- Industry Marks 2nd Anniversary of Rana Plaza Tragedy
- An Exciting Week for Trade
- Transforming the Denim Industry
- In Miami? Think Colombia!
- USFIA Member News for April 24, 2015
- Senate Finance Committee Passes TPA, TAA, Customs Reauthorization, & AGOA in Advance of House Markup
- just-style: TTIP "significant potential" for European SMEs
- Senate Finance Ready to Start Mark-Up of TPA & Trade Bills; Members Propose Extension of Nicaragua & Bahrain TPLs; Treasury Urges Passage of TPA Without Enforceable Currency Provision
- USFIA Joins Coalition Letter in Support of TPA; Imprisoned Vietnamese Labor Activist: No TPP Until Worker Rights
Follow Us On Twitter
By Leonie Barrie
USFIA President Julia K. Hughes participated in just-style's annual roundup of views on the outlook for the industry. Click here to read the entire article on the just-style website.