The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
Importer Event Calendar
04.08.2015 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Commerce Department Webinar on Mexico's Import Regulations
04.09.2015 10:00 am - 11:00 am
USFIA & PwC Webinar on Challenges & Opportunities for Fashion & Apparel Retailers in Asia
TTIP Negotiations in NYC
04.27.2015 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Fighting Counterfeits: Future Challenges & Cooperation Between the US & Italy
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC, a long-time Associate Member of USFIA, is our Premier Partner for 2015. PwC will help us deliver essential information and innovative programing to our members. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
- CBP to Hold West Coast Trade Symposium on May 27th; Rep. Graham Introduces Bill to Extend Bahrain TPL
- NCTO to Increase Lobbying Efforts; Levi Strauss & Co. & Gap Inc. Release Statement in Opposition to Discriminatory Legislation
- Bipartisan Senators Introduce TESA Legislation; BCI to Host U.S. Stakeholder Event in Portland Tomorrow
- Froman Speaks to NCTO on TPP, Says USTR Has Unprecedented Agreement with NCTO
- OTEXA to Host Webinar on Mexico’s Import Regulations on April 8th; CBP Announces COAC Membership; United States & Canada Sign Preclearance Agreement
- "Made in Where?" Developments in the Area of "Made in U.S.A." Labeling & Related Issues
- The Daily Star: The future of RMG trade
- CBP Responds to Coalition Letter on ITDS Implementation; Garment Manufacturers Association of Cambodia Rejects Human Rights Watch Report; CA Fashion Association Disputes Reports LA Fashion Industry Shrinking
- Levi Strauss & Co. Launches New Tool for Consumers to Measure Water & Energy Use
- West Coast Ports Come to Washington
Follow Us On Twitter
By Leonie Barrie
USFIA President Julia K. Hughes participated in just-style's annual roundup of views on the outlook for the industry. Click here to read the entire article on the just-style website.