The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
Importer Event Calendar
Sep 15 - Sep 18 DENIZLI Home Fashion Cluster at Home Fashion Market Week
Sep 16 2:00pm - 3:00pm Free Webinar on Combating Cyber Threats
Sep 17 - Sep 18 PwC Customs & International Trade Compliance in Asia Pacific
Sep 18 9:00am - 4:00pm CPSC Certificates of Compliance Workshop
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that KPMG LLP, the U.S. member firm of KPMG International, a long-time Associate Member of USFIA, is our Premier Partner for 2014. KPMG will work collaboratively with the association to provide up to date trade information and customs news, and also act as a point of contact for key technical issues that may impact our members. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
- CBP Announces New Roles for DiNucci and Smith
- just-style: Campaigners call for change as cotton harvest begins
- Customs Lab Testing: End of the Story or Just the Beginning?
- Commerce Department Releases List of World-Wide Conflict Mineral Processing Facilities; USFIA Joins Cotton Campaign Statement Asking Uzbekistan to End Forced Labor in Cotton Sector
- Alliance Releases Statement on Accord Inspection Decisions; Gap Releases Report on Responsible Sourcing in Myanmar
- Recap: USFIA at SOURCING at MAGIC
- USFIA Member News for September 5, 2014
- Sourcing Journal: Retailers Urge ITC to Ditch Denim Patent Infringement Case
- Reuters: "Made in China" clothing sales may shrink under Pacific trade pact
- just-style: US retailers urge ITC to drop denim patent case