The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
Importer Event Calendar
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that KPMG LLP, the U.S. member firm of KPMG International, a long-time Associate Member of USFIA, is our Premier Partner for 2014. KPMG will work collaboratively with the association to provide up to date trade information and customs news, and also act as a point of contact for key technical issues that may impact our members. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
- Members of Congress & Ports Engage on Negotiations; Alliance Announces Fire Safety Training for Factory Security Guards; National Association of College Stores Urges Brands to Partner with Alliance; OTEXA Provides Help on Deepening Business Connections wi
- ILWU & PMA Take Extended Break from Negotiations; TPP Negotiators to Meet in D.C. in December; House Democrats Urge Reauthorization of TAA; Gymboree Sues Kmart & Bon-Ton for Copyright Infringement; CITA Considers CAFTA-DR Commercial Availability Request
- USTR Froman Makes Strategic Case for Trade
- Responsible Cotton Sourcing: The Cotton LEADS™ Program
- New Congressional Leaders Announced; Conflict Minerals Case to Be Reheard
- USFIA Joins GSP Coalition Letter; Manufacturers & Ag Groups Urge White House to Help Resolve West Coast Ports Situation; WWD: Turning Sustainability from Burden to Asset
- WWD: Turning Sustainability from Burden to Asset
- USFIA Joins Industry Op-Ed on TPP; AEO & BetterWork Video Showcases Work on Women’s Empowerment; Members of Congress Call for TPA in Lame Duck Session & Ambitious TTIP
- The Hill: Making sure free trade does not fall out of fashion
- After the Midterms: What's Next for Trade Policy?