The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) offers periodic topic-driven webinars on subjects of interest to members and those in the apparel importing community. Hear from experts without leaving the comfort of your desk. Many of our webinars are free to all employees of member companies.
Dynda Thomas, Partner at Squire Patton Boggs and leader of the firm's conflict minerals team, covered this important topic. She discussed:
- Regulations relating to slavery and human trafficking, including new laws that require action and disclosure;
- Industry-driven expectations on labor conditions, addressed by existing guidelines;
- International norms and standards, and how they provide background;
- Stakeholders - because it's not just your customers that you must consider;
- Risks to textile and apparle industry arising from disclosure, including social media campaigns, class action lawsuits, and shareholders proposals.
USFIA members should login to access the webinar. If you do not know your login, please contact us.
If you are not a member and would like to purchase the webinar, please click here.