USA-ITA hosted the following seminars during Sourcing at MAGIC, which was held August 16-19, 2010. We will post the presentations as they are available. Download them in PDF format by clicking on the presenter's name.
Managing Your Sourcing Risks: From Cotton to Compliance in Your Global Strategy
Tuesday, August 17, 11:30 AM
How to handle risks that can disrupt your sourcing options. Speakers examine topics ranging from planning for fluctuations in cotton prices, building partnerships with key vendors and managing global compliance.
Moderator: Julia Hughes, President, U.S. Association of Importers of Textiles and Apparel
- Peter Gabbe, EVP & COO - Carole Hochman Design Group
- Mark Messura, Sr. V.P. Global Supply Chain Marketing - Cotton Incorporated
- Richard Coyle, Consultant, Kreab Gavin Anderson
Sourcing from Emerging Locations
Wednesday, August 18, 11:30 AM
While China remains the largest producer of apparel, key sourcing and policy executives will talk about their experience developing successful sourcing strategies from emerging locations.
Moderator: Julie Hughes, President, U.S. Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel
- Mark D'Sa, Senior Director - The Gap Inc
- Ruth Sommers, Founder/Owner - NOI Solutions LLC
- Katherine Stein, International Business Development/Softlines Sales Manager, SGS Consumer Testing Service
- Roger Mayerson, Sr. Account Executive – New Generation Computing