United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) Members include textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States or with operations in the United States. USFIA Members have a voice in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders, and a wide range of benefits including:
- Exclusive publications and educational events, plus full access to USFIA’s website and publications archives for unlimited employees at your company.
- Opportunities for continuing education and professional development through our conferences, seminars, and webinars, as well as sourcing and compliance events hosted by members and contacts in our wide, collaborative network.
- Networking opportunities with fellow members as well as U.S. and international government officials and key stakeholders across the value chain.
- Ability to work one-on-one with USFIA’s expert staff, counsel, and network to navigate the industry.
Requirements for Membership
- Company must import textiles, apparel, or textile products into the United States or act as an agent in the United States for importers, retailers, or distributors of these products.
- Company must support USFIA’s mission to remove barriers to global textile and apparel trade.
- Company must be based in the United States overseas and/or have a subsidiary in the United States. For example, the company may be based overseas but maintain stores, a regional headquarters office, and/or significant operations/tax status in the United States.
Are you wondering if your company is part of the fashion industry? Click here to read more.
USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders across the value chain. USFIA Members benefit from our relationships and have an opportunity to participate in the policymaking process and have a voice on the issues affecting our industry. USFIA Members can:
- Join the USFIA Customs Committee or Trade Policy Committee and provide input on our advocacy strategy.
- Meet with U.S. and international government officials and other stakeholders during exclusive, and often intimate, meetings.
- Enjoy constant, two-way communication with USFIA’s staff and counsel, who serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world.
News & Information
USFIA Members gain access to our exclusive members-only publications, which are especially useful for employees in customs compliance, logistics, supply chain management, and sourcing. These publications include:
- Regular updates a few times each week on important trade and customs issues by USFIA’s expert staff and counsel.
- Monthly Customs Overview by USFIA’s customs counsel.
- Twice-monthly members-only newsletter with member news, long-form feature articles, and more.
- Full access to the USFIA website and publications archives for unlimited employees.
Education & Professional Development
USFIA Members—including all employees at member companies—have the opportunity to participate in educational events including our annual conference, regional full-day seminars, and regular educational seminars and webinars throughout the year, with significant members-only discounts on registration fees. USFIA Members are also invited to participate in sourcing and compliance events around the world hosted by members and those in our wide network, and of course, work one-on-one with USFIA staff and counsel to navigate the complex rules and regulations of our industry.
USFIA Members have opportunities to connect with fellow members as well as U.S. and international government officials and key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups. USFIA also regularly works with suppliers, supplier groups, and promotional agencies all over the world to bring new sourcing opportunities to our members.
Hiring? USFIA can members find the right candidate from our large network of textile and apparel importing professionals. USFIA Members are exclusively able to post job lists in our Career Center—and many of our current members have found jobs this way, too.