The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC has been named our Premier Partner for 2016/2017. PwC will continue to help us deliver timely, critical information to global brands and retailers as well as develop innovative educational and networking events to help advance the industry’s goals. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
USFIA's Additional Partners
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) has two additional major partners for 2016/2017: Innovation Partner Amber Road and Customs Broker Partner OHL. Click here to read more about these partners and our activities.
- Next ACE Mandatory Deadline on July 23; Teitelbaum Leaving Commerce; GSP Countries Criticize Travel Goods Decision; Commerce to Host TPP Country Webinar Series
- Update on CBP's Forced Labor Detentions
- Update on U.S. State Regulations & Testing Requirements
- U.S. Files New WTO Case Against China Export Taxes on Certain Minerals; Case Likely to Succeed; Similar Programs Have Been Struck Down by the WTO
- Senators Urge CBP to Initiate Forced Labor Investigations; 600 Factories to Close During G-20; EU Proposing REACH Restrictions on Certain Substances in Textiles & Apparel; Brady & Hatch Introduce Resolution in Support of US-UK FTA
- WWD: Trump VP Pick Mike Pence Seen as Free-Trade Advocate
- Process Simplification in the Customs Reauthorization Bill
- House Votes to Defund Conflict Minerals Rule Enforcement; USTR Welcomes New DAUSTR for Textiles; Alliance Releases Statement on Dhaka Terrorist Attack
- USTR Adds Travel Goods to GSP Eligibility List for LDBDCs and AGOA Beneficiaries; “3 Amigos” Announce Initiatives to Increase Cooperation; ITC Releases Report on Economic Impact of FTAs
- USFIA Customs Overview for July 2016
Follow Us On Twitter
By Leonie Barrie
USFIA President Julia K. Hughes participated in just-style's annual roundup of views on the outlook for the industry. Click here to read the entire article on the just-style website.