The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
USFIA's Premier Partner
We are pleased to announce the USFIA Premier Partner for 2018: PwC. For the fourth year in a row, PwC will help us deliver timely, critical information to global brands and retailers as well as develop innovative educational and networking events to advance the industry's goals. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
USFIA's Additional Partners
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) has two additional major partners for 2018: Sustainability Partner BSI and Customs Broker Partner GEODIS. Click here to read more about these partners and our activities.
- Trump Announces New Safeguard Tariffs; TPP Members Reach Agreement on Major Trade Pact; 1.8 Million Workers Would Immediately Lose Jobs If NAFTA Terminated
- Shutdown Update & CBP/PGA Contact Instructions
- Government Shutdown Status Call Today at 11 AM ET; USFIA Joins Joint Industry Letter to NAFTA Negotiators
- Trump Considers “Fine” Over China IPR Theft; Senate Finance Committee Approves McAleenan, Considers USTR Nominees
- Strengthening Minerals Due Diligence: Practical Tools and Case Studies
- House Passes MTB; Commerce Submits Steel Section 232 Report to the President
- Partnering with CBP to Enhance Protection of Your Intellectual Property Rights
- USFIA Joins Coalition Letter Urging Renewal of GSP; Washington Prepares for Government Shutdown; Brady Announces 115th Congress Ways & Means Republican Subcommittee Assignments; DHS Marks Human Trafficking Awareness Day
- just-style: Outlook 2018 - What's next for apparel sourcing?
- Customs Overview for January 2018
Follow Us On Twitter
By Leonie Barrie
USFIA President Julia K. Hughes participated in just-style's annual roundup of views on the outlook for the industry. Click here to read the entire article on the just-style website.