The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC has been named our Premier Partner for 2016/2017. PwC will continue to help us deliver timely, critical information to global brands and retailers as well as develop innovative educational and networking events to help advance the industry’s goals. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
USFIA's Additional Partners
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) has two additional major partners for 2016/2017: Innovation Partner Amber Road and Customs Broker Partner GEODIS. Click here to read more about these partners and our activities.
Fashion Industry Event Calendar
- “Awkward” Round 1 of NAFTA Renegotiation Talks Conclude; USTR Initiates Section 301 Investigation of China
- NAFTA Talks Continue in D.C.; CBP Issues Decisions on Antidumping Cases Related to Hangers & Wooden Furniture from China; Bannon Says U.S. in “Economic War” With China
- Sourcing Journal: Vietnam Remains Second Only to China in Sourcing
- White House Releases Text of China IP Memo; Brady & Reichert Praise Announcement
- Footwear News: Why Vietnam Continues to Become a Bigger Sourcing Destination
- Sourcing Trends & Challenges in 2017: Highlights from USFIA's Annual Benchmarking Study
- ILWU Ratifies 3-Year PMA Contract; Justice Department Blocks Three Toy Importers
- Customs Overview for August 2017
- USFIA Files Comments on Administration’s Review of Trade Agreement Violations & Abuses; ILWU to Approve 3-Year Contract Extension; PwC on Taxation of International Shipping Companies
- Knitting Industry: Vietnam focus country at Sourcing at Magic
Follow Us On Twitter
By Leonie Barrie
USFIA President Julia K. Hughes participated in just-style's annual roundup of views on the outlook for the industry. Click here to read the entire article on the just-style website.