The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC has been named our Premier Partner for 2016/2017. PwC will continue to help us deliver timely, critical information to global brands and retailers as well as develop innovative educational and networking events to help advance the industry’s goals. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
USFIA's Additional Partners
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) has two additional major partners for 2016/2017: Innovation Partner Amber Road and Customs Broker Partner GEODIS. Click here to read more about these partners and our activities.
- just-style: Maintaining global value chains key to NAFTA renegotiation, USFIA
- CBP Delays Last ACE Deployment; Uzbekistan & Turkmenistan Remain at Tier 3 in TIP Report; USTR Requests Comments on Administration’s Reviews of Trade Agreement Violations; USITC Launches Anti-Dumping Case Aimed at Polyester Fiber
- Apparel: Former Apparel Trade Negotiator Testifies on Behalf of Fashion Industry at NAFTA Hearing
- Innovation in Textiles: NCTO President and former US apparel trade negotiator testify at NAFTA hearing
- International Trade Today: NAFTA Priorities Should Include Rules of Origin, TPL Updates, Textile and Apparel Groups Tell USTR
- Sourcing Journal: USTR Hearing Reveals Core Sourcing Concerns Surrounding NAFTA’s Fate
- Inside U.S. Trade: Textile groups at odds over preserving NAFTA rule of origin flexibilities
- USFIA Testifies at USTR Hearing on NAFTA
- Former U.S. Apparel Trade Negotiator Testifies on Behalf of Fashion Industry at NAFTA Hearing; Emphasizes Importance of Maintaining Global Value Chains in Western Hemisphere
- Fox Business: Trump Administration Opens Marathon NAFTA Hearings