The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC has been named our Premier Partner for 2016/2017. PwC will continue to help us deliver timely, critical information to global brands and retailers as well as develop innovative educational and networking events to help advance the industry’s goals. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
USFIA's Additional Partners
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) has two additional major partners for 2016/2017: Innovation Partner Amber Road and Customs Broker Partner OHL. Click here to read more about these partners and our activities.
- FDRA: TPP Would Save Families $4 Billion on Back-to-School Shoes; Colombian Peace Expected to Improve Business Investment & Trade; EU Relaxes Rules of Origin on Apparel Imports from Jordan
- MAGIC Recap: Sourcing Meets Politics Meet Tech
- USFIA Member News for August 26, 2016
- Administration to Consider Designating All Travel Goods Categories Eligible for GSP; USFIA Urges WTO Members to Ratify TFA; DHS Responds to Letter on 100% Overseas Scanning; New Clinton Ad Features New England Shirtmaker; USCBC Finds 90% of Companies Rema
- U.S. Total Retail: The Race for Relevance
- CBP Releases Interim Rules for AD/CVD Enforcement; Obama to Travel to China & Laos in September; U.S. Intelligence Agency to Begin Advising Businesses on Supply Chain Security
- USFIA to Host State of the Industry Webinar; GAO Releases Annual AD/CVD Report ; CITA Announces Withdrawal of Cotton Shirting Availability Request
- Update on Athletic Footwear Classification
- White House Notifies Congress of Intent to Send TPP Implementation Bill
- WWD: Obama Administration Takes Procedural Step to Advance TPP