Strategically located off the East Coast of Africa, Mauritius is emerging as a major sourcing hub for Textile & Apparel. Despite low-cost competition from Asia, the industry has successfully navigated its way through a plethora of challenges in the last 50 years growing from a basic producer to now a vertically integrated supplier of design-led garments, able to cater for the needs of a wide spectrum of buyers with a wide range of options, in terms of price points, volumes and runs.
With the imminent seismic shift in the era of eco-design, sustainable businesses and brands have understood that to remain resilient and competitive, product eco-design must be at the heart of their corporate strategies. Mauritius is no exception and has started manufacturing eco-friendly apparel. Over the years, our key players have invested massively to keep abreast of these transformational changes.
In this webinar, the Economic Development Board of Mauritius along with Mauritius Export Association (MEXA) & CIEL Group (one of our major exporters to the USA) will share industry insights and explain why sourcing textile and apparel from Mauritius will boost business resilience in the US.
Key Topics Covered:
- The overview of the Textile & Apparel industry in Mauritius.
- Why sourcing Textile & Apparel from Mauritius will boost business resilience in the US.
- Mauritius: A duty-free gateway to USA.
- The emergence of eco-design products.
- Investment opportunities in the Textile & Apparel sector in Mauritius.
- Mr. Geerish Bucktowonsing, Head of Department, EDB
- Mr. Eric Eynaud, Marketing Director, Aquarelle Group – a subsidiary of CIEL Textile
- Mr. Arif Currimjee, Vice President, MEXA