On October 1, 2014, the United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) joined with the European Branded Clothing Alliance (EBCA) and the American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA) in releasing a joint statement spelling out our priorities for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) negotiations. USFIA and AAFA also appeared at the Stakeholder Event during the 7th round of TTIP negotiations in Washington, D.C., the same day.
We endorse six key priorities for TTIP. They are:
- Mechanisms to facilitate regulatory convergence or mutual recognition of regulations and standards across the Atlantic
- Full, immediate, and reciprocal elimination of tariffs
- Flexible Rules of Origin
- Harmonisation of regulations on labelling, requirements on product safety, and test methods
- Facilitative Customs Provisions
- Establishment of a harmonised list of prohibited substances
The statement is available here.