On October 1, 2013, California's Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) enforced the California Green Chemistry Initiative, which requires retailers, importers, and manufacturers to remove/replace hazardous chemicals in their products.
This regulation is just one of many federal and state compliance regulations with which organizations must comply--including the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), California's Prop. 65, Washington State's Children's Safe Products Act, and Maine's Safer Chemicals in Children's Products, among others. And with additional states, such as Vermont, planning to introduce new regulations, too, companies will need to adopt strategies to manage multiple requirements, proactively identify risks, and execute required actions to ensure compliance, or else face hefty fines, costly recalls, and harm to brand reputation.
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) and MetricStream, an Associate Member, presented a webinar covering topics including:
- Product safety compliance regulations, requirements and potential risks
- Approaches to proactively identify high-risk products, chemicals and impacts
- Strategies and program elements required to ensure compliance
- Methods to improve supplier collaboration, ensure visibility and transparency
- Technology strategies to ensure compliance, reduce costs
USFIA members should login to access the webinar. If you do not know your login, please contact us.
If you are not a member and would like to purchase the webinar, please click here.LOGIN OR CONTACT US FOR INFORMATION ON MEMBERSHIP.