Recent years have seen a renewed interest in “onshoring” or “reshoring” on the part of U.S. companies. The increased use of “Made in USA” labels has drawn the attention of the Federal Trade Commission, state regulators, and private litigants.
Arthur Bodek, Partner at Grunfeld, Desiderio, Lebowitz, Silverman & Klestadt (GDLSK) LLP, an Associate Member of USFIA, presented this one-hour webinar iand discussed the legal rules associated with identifying an article as being Made in the USA or incorporating U.S. content.
Specific issues addressed include:
- What are the current trends in bringing production back to the United States?
- What is the U.S. policy on “U.S.A.” labeling?
- What specific rules apply to textiles?
- What about state requirements?
- What enforcement actions have been taken and what penalties can be applied?
- What is the CBP role is “U.S.A.” labeling?
PowerPoint Presentation: http://www.usfashionindustry.com/presentations/032415-USFIA-GDLSK-Webinar-USA.pdf