The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC has been named our Premier Partner for 2016/2017. PwC will continue to help us deliver timely, critical information to global brands and retailers as well as develop innovative educational and networking events to help advance the industry’s goals. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
USFIA's Additional Partners
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) has two additional major partners for 2016/2017: Innovation Partner Amber Road and Customs Broker Partner GEODIS. Click here to read more about these partners and our activities.
Fashion Industry Event Calendar
12.26.2016 - 12.27.2016
USFIA Closed for Christmas Holiday
USFIA Closed for New Year's Day Holiday
USFIA State of the Industry Virtual Townhall
- OFF THE CUFF 2016 Recap
- USFIA Boosts Education for the Industry
- USFIA & CFSI Sign MOU
- USFIA Member News for December 9, 2016
- McCain Publishes Op-Ed on Importance of TPP; BCI Begins Standard Revision Process; 25 Groups Sign FMC Petition on Detention & Demurrage Charges
- USFIA Customs Overview for December 2016
- What Trump Can Do With Trade Agreements
- Trump’s Pick for Commerce Says TPP “Horrible Deal,” Calls for Ending Tariffs on American Exports; Levi Strauss & Co. Asks Customers Not to Bring Guns to Stores; CITA Adds Certain Rayon Fabric to Colombia FTA Short Supply List
- Trump Pledges to Withdraw from TPP on Day One; USFIA Joins Coalition Letter on Preclearance Legislation
- We’re Moving!