The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) represents the fashion industry: textile and apparel brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers based in the United States and doing business globally. Founded in 1989 as the United States Association of Importers of Textiles & Apparel with the goal of eliminating the global apparel quota system, USFIA now works to eliminate the tariff and non-tariff barriers that impede the industry’s ability to trade freely and create economic opportunities in the United States and abroad.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., USFIA is the most respected voice for the fashion industry in front of the U.S. government as well as international governments and stakeholders. With constant, two-way communication, USFIA staff and counsel serve as the eyes and ears of our members in Washington and around the world, enabling them to stay ahead of the regulatory challenges of today and tomorrow. Through our publications, educational events, and networking opportunities, USFIA also connects with key stakeholders across the value chain including U.S. and international service providers, suppliers, and industry groups.
USFIA's Premier Partner
The United States Fashion Industry Association is pleased to announce that PwC has been named our Premier Partner for 2016/2017. PwC will continue to help us deliver timely, critical information to global brands and retailers as well as develop innovative educational and networking events to help advance the industry’s goals. Click here to read more about the partnership and our activities.
USFIA's Additional Partners
The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) has two additional major partners for 2016/2017: Innovation Partner Amber Road and Customs Broker Partner GEODIS. Click here to read more about these partners and our activities.
- University of Delaware Biden Institute Blog: Creating High-Quality Jobs in the U.S. Textile & Apparel Industry
- Senate Confirms DHS Secretary; US & Egypt Agree to Further Trade Cooperation; PRI Tool Shows "Fairness" of Fashion
- USFIA Customs Overview for December 2017
- NAFTA Renegotiation Update - November 2017
- Sourcing Journal: Esquel CEO John Cheh Says It’s Time for Sourcing 4.0
- Wrapping Up Trade in 2017
- New Higg Index Tools Help Drive Sustainability Improvements
- just-style: Sustainable sourcing driven by investors, not consumers
- just-style: US moves from 'America first' to 'America alone' on trade
- Sourcing Journal: “Uncertainty” Over Trump Policies Makes Frenemies of Importers, Domestic Producers