Every year, the United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) publishes Sourcing Trends & Outlook, covering trade data and trends and providing a peek into the "crystal ball" at the future of textile, apparel, and fashion sourcing and trade policy.
The top 5 sourcing trends in this year's mid-year update are:
- China Remains the Top Supplier, but With a Shrinking Share of the Market
- Asian Apparel Suppliers Continue to Dominate Sourcing
- Average Unit Values for Apparel and Home Textiles Reflect Inflation and Higher Costs
- Even with Falling Imports, There Are a Few New Suppliers
- Despite High Duty Rates, FTAs and Preference Programs Remain Underutilized
See some data highlights below:
The report is available exclusively to USFIA members and affiliates in good standing. If you are employed by a member company and did not receive the report, please let us know.LOGIN OR CONTACT US FOR INFORMATION ON MEMBERSHIP.