The United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) is excited to announce that the Council for Leather Exports (CLE), India is joining USFIA as a Sourcing Supporter for 2020-2021. CLE will help us deliver updates to USFIA global brands and retailers about the sourcing outlook for leather goods and accessories made in India, as well as opportunities to increase U.S.- India trade.
The Council for Leather Exports (CLE) is the largest trade promotion organization for the strong and rapidly growing Indian leather and leather products industry. CLE is committed towards the overall development of Indian leather sector and achieve higher export growth to enhance India’s share in global leather trade.
Core Objectives of CLE:
- Develop & strengthen the leather industry both industrial development as well as export growth.
- Undertake concerted and aggressive export promotion and market development activities to extend global reach of Indian leather & leather products.
- Assist importers anywhere in the world towards their sourcing needs of Indian leather & leather products.
- Provide necessary assistance/guidance to overseas entrepreneurs in establishing business collaborations and strategic alliances with Indian companies.
- Serve as a vital link between the Government and the leather industry, representing important policy measures, focusing on overall health and growth of the entire footwear & leather sector.
For more information on leather sourcing opportunities in India, please contact:
Mr. R. Selvam, IAS
Council for Leather Exports (CLE), India
Tel: +91 44 28594367 to 71 (5 lines)
Fax: +91 44 28594363 & 64 (2 lines)